Monday, July 17, 2017

Day Eight-Relax

July 16, 2017 Day Eight-Relax

Today we had the opportunity to sleep in until 10 am. For me, that was 7 am. Although I made myself sleep an extra hour and got up at 8 am.
Diana and I decided we wanted to work out, so we found a bench to use for the burpees workout. As we started, she jumped on the bench and a swarm of bees started to fly around her and she got a bee sting. We found another area to do our workouts, and as I did my first burpee, is slipped on dirt and gravel. Once we got through the workouts, we began to run. As Diana made it to the other side of the parking lot, a couple of dogs started to chase after her. I was half way to her when I noticed. I yelled at her to stop running, because the dogs would keep chasing her. We then walked back to where we were working out and decided to call it quits. That decision was made right after one of the dogs was trying to mark his territory by peeing on my bag. With the dogs hanging around it just wasn’t working out, so we gave up and went to shower for the day. Too funny.
While I was working on my blog, Pedro came by to let us know we were going to be using the gps units to look for some treats. This time he said he added a little something else to make it a bit more challenging than the first time. We were to find the point then, take four paces north, where we would be able to find the treat (at least within that vicinity). Meaning we needed to look to true north, not magnetic north. Magnetic north is where there is the most metal so the needle points to that location, whereas true north points in the direction of the Arctic.
After this we went to the river to go swim. They brought the canoes so we could go canoeing, but it was too breezy. They took us to a nice spot at the river to swim, but I chose not to swim. I stood as far as getting my knees wet, but that was it. I relaxed on the grass after that until we headed back to camp to cook dinner.
At about 7 pm Warren stopped by to take us to the lookout point that sits above the powwow grounds. As our van was leaving, we stopped to pick Michael up, and we lost everyone else. Monet was hoping she could remember how to get there. But, then she couldn’t. She decided it was best to go back to camp for fear of getting lost. So we missed out on going to the lookout.



No comments:

Post a Comment