Saturday, July 15, 2017

Day four Travel Day

July 12, 2017-Travel Day

Today is a travel day, our last day at the Deschutes National Forest.  I’m glad we packed what we did not need into the van the previous night, as we had less to pack this morning. This trip is helping me be more organized and work on my time management. Our next stop will be in Umatilla.
As we made our way through Bend, Oregon, we had a good laugh. I think we missed our turn, so we turned around and caught up to Jessica as she was going through the roundabouts. We then went around and continued through the roundabouts twelve times. Monet got tired of going in circles and took us out of the roundabouts to wait in the parking lot for Pedro to catch up to us. That was too funny, my stomach hurt from laughing. I snapchatted us and then said we are no longer known as the People of the Big River 2017, we will be known as the People of the Roundabouts 2017.
As we made our way out of Bend, we stopped at High Desert Museum, where we got to visit the outdoor exhibits as well. I really liked the Settlers area. It reminded me of Fort Simcoe State Park. How there are outbuildings, furnished as it would have been in the early 1900’s. They also had a saw mill, which brought my thoughts to the movie of Johnny Cash, Walk the Line. To see the saw mill machinery constructed of wood compared to the present day, one would see metal, was amazing. To see the craftsmanship of mankind and the advancements being made into the future, is not an everyday site to see. This is a place I will bring my children to in the future, so they can see the sawmill for themselves.
As we made our way towards Umatilla, some creative ideas started to form for events the American Indian Business Leaders can do, assisting the environment through tree planting. It is an idea that is forming and I hope to gain more information to implement it for our business plan.

We arrived at the home of the Red Elks, and they were happy and welcoming, as they invited us to set up our camp in their backyard. Wenix described their backyard as magical, and from my first impression, I agree. There were two houses, which shared a backyard. The second house is a log cabin, with an uncovered porch. There were two trees in between and next to those was a round fire pit, surrounded by bricks. It is a beautiful yard.   

No comments:

Post a Comment