Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Day Eleven-Travel Day

July 19, 2017

I had the pleasure of speaking with Warren this morning. I found we have a mutual friend by the name of Don DeVon. I got to hear a great story about Mr. DeVon. I also got to hear how Warren is establishing mentorship for the youth to help them stay in college and earn their degrees. He also said he likes to give the interns the ability to move around and learn how to work with different types of personalities when it comes the their supervisors. What a great idea in assisting the young people in learning how to work with others. He also mentioned that the tribe worked with Samsung and how he had the opportunity to go to Washington DC and take tests to keep on training with Samsung. He also said he was amazed how they use psychology to sell their products and advertise.
We worked on our blogs, and I was having a hard time importing my pictures to my laptop. I thought they automatically uploaded, but I had to go to the import button to import. Finally got them imported and updated my blog to this morning.
And we are the most organized traveling van. Let's GO!!!
It's a travel day, I hope it will be a good one.


We arrived in Coeur D’Alene, and the lake is beautiful. We set up our tents just in time for the feast. They had salmon, elk meat, kaws, and moss pudding. I did not get any of the kaws (roots) but I did get a small cup of the moss pudding. The salmon and elk meat were good, then I took a bite of the moss pudding, I didn’t like it. But I can say, I tried it. Afterwards they had a blessing for a new canoe. We then got to partake in smudging ourselves with cedar. I felt this as a real honor to be able to assist in blessing the canoe as well as myself. After the blessing, the lady and her family carried the canoe to the lake where she got in and paddled around the lake for the canoe’s first journey in the water. I have not seen an actual canoe, nor seen anyone rowing one either. To witness this event is an experience I will remember. Watching her balance herself in the canoe, had me nervous about whether she was going to tip over. Thankfully she didn’t. I would say a successful first voyage on the water.
Later in the evening Diana, Taylor, and I walked out onto the deck, among the kids jumping in and swimming in the lake. One of the boys thought Diana was someone else and was going to push her in, when he realized she wasn’t who he thought she was. We had a good giggle on that one. I facetimed my children and began missing them. I keep my distance so as not to interfere with my learning. But I felt the need to call them tonight. It was good to see them and let them know I would be home Saturday. Altogether, the day was beautiful yet productive.



No comments:

Post a Comment